Saturday, May 10, 2014

Breathe - Find your Zen

Breathe...Find your Zen

Really?!?

I wasn't sure I would be able to do this, but yesterday I visited the Botanical Gardens in Washington D.C. after a most disappointing visit to the capital. However, I can now say that I've been.

We started out with the outside garden and got to see this:

I breathed deeply as I listened to the water slowly caressing the rocks as it traveled through the stream and a couple of birds delightfully taking a moment to bathe in the shallows by the rocky edge. Breathing in and letting the calmness of mother nature surround me as I left the busy road behind. It was the beginning of me finding my Zen.

We slowly wondered through the outside trails enjoying the beauty that can only be found from Mother Nature. Bright splashes of color dotted both the ground and the walls while we strolled along. These beauties reminded me of my childhood and going to my grandmother's house. 
Granny had the most beautiful roses that my grandfather would plant for her to enjoy always. Breathing deeply, and finding my zen as I remembered their love and stability.

I spent a long time at the garden. Resetting my soul back to being able to stop and smell the roses and letting my eyes behold the beauty of nature.

I found my zen, and not in the 'froZEN yogurt' sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment